Thursday, February 9, 2012

Paleo Cobbler

We have been inspired by several wonderful friends & have decided to go Paleo! We have been slowly transitioning as we go through the "bad" food we have in the pantry & fridge. But I've started a tradition I love, Sunday baking day!

My family has sweet teeth, so I've been researching healthy desserts. Last week I made a berry cobbler & it was yum!



Paleo Berry Cobbler
3 cups of fresh berries (I used 2 cups blueberries and 1 cup blackberries)
1.5 cups almond meal (finely ground almonds)

1 egg

2 tablespoon coconut oil

1 tablespoon (plus more) honey

cinnamon to taste


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.


2. Pour the berries into a pie pan.
In a small bowl, mix together the egg, almond meal, coconut oil, cinnamon and tbs of honey. I tend to be a little generous with the cinnamon. . .again it’s up to you. Stir well. By hand, crumble the almond meal mixture over the berries. Drizzle a bit of honey over the berries and almond meal crumble. Bake for about 35 minutes.
So very yummy and easy to make!


No comments:

Post a Comment